Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for children growing up.  Today was my youngest's birthday.  He turned fifteen.  He is helping / working for the neighbor.  My youngest said to me yesterday " Tomorrow is my birthday and I don't want to go to work."  I told him I completely understand.  Most people have to work on their birthday.  Anyway he woke up just like always, and came outside to tell me he was going to work.  Did I need any help with the morning chores.  I had previously joked with him that we would be building the pig pen on his birthday.  I told him no thanks  have a good day at the neighbors.  Then I cried as he drove away. 

I am thankful for low cost vet clinics.  With our plethora of animals I could never afford vet care without it.  Bandit our outside dog had her appointment to be spayed today.  We dropped her off ,they did her procedure, and we picked her up.  Spay, rabies shots, Pain shots and medicine all for under $100.  When I left for work my youngest came home to watch her.  She was the most pathetic little thing.  I felt bad leaving her even though I know she will be in good hands.

I am thankful for wrinkly free clothes.  Because I am so busy moving from one task to the other I sometimes let time get away from me.  I have never run late but I would if it not for wrinkle free clothes.  On occasion I only need to spray with a mist of water, then shake.  Throw on some accessories.  Without them I feel naked.  Grab my stuff and head out the door.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday 2 your youngest! Congratulations on the fixing of your Bandit. & Yes oh Yes thank GOD for wrinkley free clothes and ample accessories, that everyone knows from the deserts of Arizona to the Mountains of Tibet to the floor of the Amazon and back again, can take a ho-hum outfit and just pop it right over the top! Looks like you are moving right along. I have no idea how I stumbled on your little blog, but after the Buble +1 verse, he little games I play each morning to keep my mind running I look for your daily addition. I hope you get more readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your friends about my blog and perhaps we can get many more readers.

    ReplyDelete