Monday, March 19, 2012

Rainy Day Monday



Yesterday was a rainy day with high winds. The roof to the chicken coop and the lids to the feed buckets flew off. We retrieved them and re attached. We spent the rest of the morning inside. In the afternoon we went to my sisters house for my youngest Birthday party. We stopped at Wal-Mart first for Pizza and soda. My mother brought the cake. Cheese cake from Costco, which we added strawberries. Then we went home. It was still cold and dreary so we popped in a movie.


We swap kids, so to speak on the weekends. My youngest stays with my sister during the week to go to the local high school. My oldest stays with us to go to the local night school. They are best separated. They fight like crazy. So we mostly swap them on the weekends. This gives both children a break from the adults they live with. I am so lucky to be able to do this. My sister has opened her home many times over the years to us, in one form or another.


All this rain hurts my lungs. I have to take breaks repeatedly to catch my breath. Every four hours I take a breathing treatment. We played a game yesterday at my sister’s house. You ask questions off a card and everyone goes around the table answering it. One question was " Would you like to be more funny, more attractive, or more athletic?" I answered more athletic. Let me explain. It is a pain, literally, to not be able to breathe. Nothing is more annoying than not being able to hurry thorough a task because you have to stop to catch your breath. So I would like to be able to be more athletic. Sure those other things are nice but this breathing thing, I wish for.


Today it hailed and rained. It was very comfortable in the house for me. My Chihuahua, Memee was shivering. She looked miserable. So I decided to make her a sweater. I saw this some time ago on the Internet, but I can not remember where. I would like to give credit to who ever posted the tutorial I think it was on about com. Anyway I will make one and post how to.

First cut sleeve off of old sweater.


Then cut front of sleeve off for neck.


Then cut two leg holes.


Turn color down.


Place on freezing dog. Take picture.






I did not feel cold at all because I was baking. I try to bake on Mondays. This is a day off for me. I believe if I bake once a week my family is satisfied for sweets. I also bake all our bread, hamburger and hot dog buns. I save money this way. It does take my time. So if you’re doing a time to money ratio then no. I also know what goes into our sweet treats and breads. My husband does not eat very many raw fruits or vegetables. He will eat banana muffins, zucchini - carrot bread, and pineapple upside down cake. So this serves its purpose.


Today I made
Green and yellow sprinkled rice crispy treats
DIY Girlscout tagalons
Chocolate covered raisins
Oatmeal raisin cookies
Chocolate chip cookies
Banana pecan muffins
Zucchini carrot bread
2 loaves of white bread
1 loaf of raisin bread
8 hamburger buns
8 hot dog buns
8 hoagie buns
 
 
 Sadly to say the little mice left this world.  They rest out by our other deceased pets.

2 comments:

  1. I am very frustrated with this process. I ha e responded to each of your entries, and have no idea where the comments go. I am not going to comment again until I figure it out, I would like your recipe for buns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are frustrated. The recipe for hamburger and hot dog buns is from www.kingarthurflour.com under beautiful burger buns.

    ReplyDelete