Saturday, March 17, 2012

Busy Saturday

Today was very productive.


We picked up our bountiful basket. Bountiful Basket is a Co –op. I paid my contribution of $15 plus $1.50 for service fee on Monday. We meet today, Saturday from 7:00 to 7:30 at a local park. I received my basket with no difficulties. This is a basket with generally six fruits and six vegetables for $15. I think it’s a smoking deal. I set it out on the table to look at all the beautiful produce. I can’t wait to eat those yummy looking tomatoes. Maybe I will make a tomato and cucumber sandwich with lots of mayo.


Then we used our ancient forklift. We call it Frankenstein. It is so ugly. The base is solid but it is so old it has been rebuilt repeatedly with many different parts. Thus the name, Frankenstein. We have used it so much since we bought it. From lifting water tanks, to pallets of block. It is a very useful tool well worth its money. Today we used it to put my husband’s old car carcasses on a flat bed truck to haul to the scrap yard. We had to go to Phoenix. When we got there it reminded me of the Brave Little Toaster, a Disney movie. They were using the giant magnet to attract metal to place in containers to be moved to recycle into plain sheets of metal. What an ending for useful things.


On our way home we stopped at the guitar store and bought our youngest the guitar he has been eyeing for over a year. When he was home schooled one of his fun classes was guitar. His grandfather (my husband’s father) also has an interest in guitar. We would spend an hour every Tuesday at his house so he could take a lesson. We also purchased an amp. This has a special feature that he can plug in headphones and you can not hear him. I thought that was awesome because he lives at my sister’s house during the week. She has a toddler who goes to sleep at a normal hour. My youngest likes to stay up late and practice/ play his guitar.
After we got home we went to get water. We stayed at the neighbors for a while. Drinking some soda and talking. My youngest stayed at home to play with his new toy.


We had BLTs for dinner. I put cucumbers on mine. Very tasty. After dinner we cleaned up and I began to prepare our fruits and veggies. I have used an old food processor for many years. Today I shredded carrots and zucchini. We also shelled pecans. This is fun to sit around the table and do. Everyone has a different technique.


It was very windy today. We had a wind advisory. I was worried about our little chicks. Yes they are safe, but they are only three weeks old. We brought them back into the bathtub. Everyone else was doing fine when we checked. The mice are still alive. They crawled out of their towel and were sitting on the glass in the aquarium. I am surprised they are still alive.
 
I spent the rest of my night sitting on the couch crocheting while my husband played a video game. This is the first night we have done that in a long time. We are always to busy to just sit. Anyway.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Heather, I enjoyed visiting your blog. Keep it up!
    Kathi @ http://oak-hill-homestead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete