Monday, March 12, 2012

Present Day

I have decided to post what we do on daily basis as well as how this all started. 

This week is spring break.  My yougest son is staying with us all week.  Keeping up with trying to stay busy.  We all know that when children have nothing to do they just get in trouble.  Mine fight.  So today we salvaged some fence from a desert pile.  We started to build a chicken tractor to house the nine chicks.  They are living in my bathtub now, but growing fast.  They will soon be big enough to go outside.  I can not wait to see their eggs.  We have three Americanas (green/ blue eggs), four welsummers (chocolate brown eggs), and two rhode island reds (brown eggs).

My oldest son is 17 and now has an interset in looking for a job.  He saw a poster at the walmart mcdonalds that had open interviews on Monday from three to four.  So we drive to town.  The manager that does these interviews is not there.  They ask him to come back next Monday.  We meet my husband at Carls Jr. for lunch and drop off the titles to the vehicles he wants to scrap.  Let me explain.  Just before thanksgiving my husband finds two vehicles he wants to purchase and rebuild.  Using some parts from each to transform an earlier purchase (last year) into his dream truck/car.  We bought this truck. His dream truck.  Just before he was layed off.  He was told he was going to be transfered to an eighteeen month job.  This meant plenty off money.  He buys new tools just for this.  Then he was laid off.  Anyway, back to today.  He needs to get these titles transfered into his name so he can scrap them.  He has removed all the parts and pieces for his project.  Then my oldest gets applications for Taco Bell, Game Stop, Ace, Big 5, Big Lots, and The Dollar Store.  He fills them out and we go home.Please keep your fingers crossed for him.  Just before we get home my husband calls and says meet him at the neighbors.  He was helping out there.  We have a BBQ and sit around talking for a while with the neighbor and some visitors.  Then we load up and engine and some poles that he previously bartered for.  Work for stuff, hardly ever heard of any more.  I am excited because I needed just two more poles to finish another goat pen.  We should finish these projects tommorow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment