Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Million Dollar Monday

Today was one of those million dollar days. You know the kind where you keep spending money. My husband took the day off thank goodness. If he were working at his old job he wouldn’t have the ability to take time off. Things would have waited until he got off work. He would have worked late into the night to fix all our issues.

I didn’t intend to spend money when I woke up. Things just happen. Yesterday we lost water pressure to the house. So this morning upon investigation we realized the pump had gotten hot and the plastic parts had flared and there was a leak. So off to Lowe’s we go. My husband decided to change out the plastic parts to metal. Metal parts cost more money in the beginning, but they don’t break as often. We get home and he begins repairs. Then my husband notices a leak in another area. So back to Home Depot. This is where he got this part from. But oh no they didn’t have it in stock. What a surprise. Here Lately Home Depot has let us down. They never seam to have what we need. Oh they can get it; the truck comes in on Wednesday. Whatever. Need it now. Over to Lowe’s for more parts. We get home and our oldest is very unhappy. You see a quick fix lasted three trips to town. He needed to do laundry and take a shower before night school. I called the school. It seems we have an appointment that he can not miss all of a sudden. He stays home. Thank goodness. I’ll tell you why later. We get the pump fixed and ready to go. Or should I say my husband does.

Then we notice a terrible sound coming from out truck. What now? Power steering hose leaking. It needs to be replaced. Back to town. We go to Auto Zone and get the part. Bring it home and of coarse it is difficult and does not want to come out easily. The neighbor helps my husband. They get it replaced and filed with fluid. All is well.

The neighbor says our pigs are ready and he needs to move them. We were planning on getting them in the next two weeks. So we go to buy a truck load of feed. We look like rednecks on the way home. A full pick up load of whole corn and grain, and three little pigs tied to the top in a little cage. Our kennel was at my husband’s sisters house. We get home. Not completely ready. Surprise. Today while my husband was working on the water pump I had finished installing the gate on the pigpen. They have no shade because that was the next thing. I needed more screws, which we bought on our many trips to Lowe’s. The feed bins were not created yet. I hadn’t thought of what to put their feed into until yesterday. So tomorrow we will have to rise before the sun to finish making the three little pigs a happy home. I was so grateful that our oldest was home. It was dark when we got done with catching the pigs. By the time we got home we were very tired. He came out to the pens and helped. We got every thing done fast with his help.

So we go inside. My husband decides he is going to do laundry. Um ok I say. We sit down on the couch. Me with my crocheting, he with his new tool set. He has been drooling over this tool set for some time. I was thinking father’s day. We walked past it too many times today. It ended up in out cart. Our oldest says Dad the toilet is over flowing. Nope. It was the washer. Thank goodness my husband cleans carpets for a living. While he was figuring out what the problem was our oldest son was sucking up the water with the hoses. My husband moves all the appliances to clean up the water. Installs fans to dry the wood. He was unsure what the problem was. The water came out from inside the washer. So they drained the water and started over watching it. They did this three times. I am thinking water, water, water. His laundry would have waited. I think he was trying to be helpful. He He.

I am exhausted so I go to bed. What an emotional, whirlwind kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment