Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dogs

We have six dogs. 

Angel is our oldest.  She found us.  One day when we lived in Phoenix, we came home from some errands.  Robert took the car garbage to the can.  There was a box and it was moving.  He came to get us and we looked inside.  There she was so small.  We had another Dog at that time.  He was a pit bull and he didn't get along well with others.  She lived in the laundry room until we were sure we could trust him.  My son named her angel.  We were told she was a jack russell.  If that is true she is the giant version.

Memee is our chihuahua.  My mother called me one day to ask if I would be interested in a chihuahua.  I was secretly looking for a small lap dog.  So she has a coworker who's daughter found one.   The dog was running around a junk yard hiding from the larger dogs there.  We go to meet with them.   This little dog is so afraid of her husband and sons.  We sit on the couch.  She is passed around to my husband and sons.  I surely didn't want a dog who was afraid of them.  She is fine.  Kisses them and snuggles.  We take her home she is fine at first. After the honey moon period she shows her fears.  She will walk completely on the other side of a room to get away from any male.  Poor thing.  I can only imagine what some man did to her. 

June was the mother of our two puppies.  We had to put her down.  It still bothers me so I wont talk about it.  Only to let you know how the puppies came about. 

Johnny Cash is our male pit bull.  A coworker of mine was getting rid of him because he was a puppy and she worked and went to school.  He was chewing on the bathroom cabinets where he was kept for many hours.  He was only kept inside because outside were two big bad huge mastiffs who thought he was their chew toy.  He had just received his first shots when I agreed to take him.  At the time we had three other dogs.  My husband was not to please when I brought him home one night at midnight (when I get off work).  We wanted to get him fixed because we had June.  The vet told us we needed to wait until he got bigger.  Enter nine puppies.

We found homes for eight puppies.  Nobody wanted to take Bruiser.  She is a beautiful brindle with a black mask.  I call her puppy.  She is the opposite of a bruiser.  She is long , gangley, and dopey.  She has one ear up and one ear down almost all the time.  I was able to capture a picture of both her ears up.  Very odd. 

Then one day when we went to visit the neighbor we saw Spot, also Junes puppy.  She is all white with a brown spot on her buttock and ear.  The little boy had lost interest in her.  She looked terrible.  So we took her back.  She was afraid to come in the house.  All the other dogs would rush in when we opened the door, she would just sit at the bottom of the steps.  Now she comes and goes just like the rest.  She also wouldn't come in the bed.  Now I know some people say ewe dogs in the bed.  These dogs get their nails cut on a monthly basis.  Baths sometimes on a weekly basis.  I love to cuddle with them.  I do wash the sheets often.  Now she will wait until we invite her in.  Such a gentle girl.

And last but not least Bandit.  I touched on her a little in an earlier post.  She is a blue heeler.  Someone dropped her off at the neighbors.  On a visit we saw her and the neighbor said take her.  So I put her on my lap and took her home.  They said she kept them up all night crying at there door.  She was only two months old then.  Just a baby.  Of coarse she was scared.  We brought her home and our June dog and Angel got in a huge fight.  Bandit had to go.  I cried.  The neighbor said put her in with the goats so she will learn to herd them.  So my husband built her a house, in case she needed to hide. She did fine.  Until we brought Chocolate home.  She now lives outside the pens.  She has her house and the whole property to roam.  She has an appointment with the mobile vet tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment