Friday, March 23, 2012

Frantic Friday



I have received a request for the recipe I use for hamburger and hot dog buns. The link I used was www.kingarthurflour.com
The recipe is called beautiful burger buns.
Ingredients
¾ to 1 C lukewarm water
1 large egg (I used a duck egg)
3 ½ C flour (recipe calls for King Arthur flour, I used Kroger flour)
¼ C sugar
1 ¼ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. instant yeast
Topping
3 Tbsp. melted butter
Directions
  1. Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients- by hand, mixer, or bread machine (I used a bread machine)- to make a soft, smooth dough.
  2. Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until its nearly doubled.
  3. Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball; flatten to about 3" across. Place the buns on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until noticeably puffy.
  4. Brush the buns with about half of the melted butter.
  5. Bake the buns in a preheated 375-degree oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. This will give the buns a satiny, buttery crust.
  6. Cool the buns on a rack.
Yield: 8large buns.
How I do it
I put all ingredients into my bread machine set it to knead. The machine does all the work. When the machine is done I remove dough. I separate the dough into 16 pieces. I round 8 (hamburger buns) and rolled 8 (hot dog buns). I baked according to directions. After last buttering I sprinkled crushed onion flakes on top of hamburger buns.


I have started to create an Etsy shop. My sister, who lives in the north, reminded me of my goal. My goal, well I have several, is to create an Etsy shop and start moving my craft items this year. Every year I say I will but just don’t. Because I can not sit still crocheting keeps me busy. When I find something I like I make many of them. Usually I see something and can create my own pattern. People at my work place have bought several items. This gave me the idea that I can create a shop and sell there too. I will keep you posted on that. The process seems easy enough.

Today was Payday Friday.  This is the day I run around doing all the errands.  Today I went to Pet's Mart.  I bought Stretch, the turtle a  new filter pump.  It serves two purposes.  It is a pump and it is a baking mountain at the same time.

On my way to work I stopped at McDonald's  and bought a Shamrock shake.  This is seasonal so I am not sure how long they will have it.  I just had to have one before it was to late.

No comments:

Post a Comment