Friday, August 10, 2012

Payday Friday

Today was payday Friday.  Usually we wake up feed the animals quickly.  Then head off to Walmart where we use the Money Center to cash my husbands check.  I pay all our bills using our Walmart pay as you go visa which my check is automatically deposited into.  After that we go to McDonald's to grab a quick bite before my husband goes off to work and I run around doing errands.  While I was ordering the young girl wanted me to combine my order into a meal.  I buy 1 sausage mcmuffin, 1 hash brown, 1 lrg soda.  It totals $3.00 the meal price is $4.99.  She could not understand that I did not want to get the meal.  I had to tell her if I buy the meal price I spend $1.99 more.  Then she got it.  Things that make you go hum.  Before I left Walmart I picked up a few things.  Yah right.  It is never a few things.  I can never leave without spending over a hundred dollars.  They have the best deli pizzas.  I picked one up for dinner for my husband and my oldest. 

Then I went to the Pet Smart to get crickets and gold fish.  The crickets are for the two tarantulas and the two leopard geckos.  The gold fish are for the turtle, stretch.  I go to Pet Smart every payday, I talk to the same person every payday.  Every time she asks me what I am feeding.  I tell her every payday.  You would think by now she would remember me.  Thats ok I like talking about my animals.   Funny story though.  I placed  the fish in with the turtle leaving them in the bag to float in the water until the temperature is the same.  Then I went to put the groceries away.  When I went back to open the bag the turtle had already riped open little holes and ate all the fish.  The little piggie

Then I stopped at the Pet Club to get chicken crumbles for the ducks.  They asked me if I wanted my usual order.  Funny how they know me.  I said no thanks but we are trying something different.  We have decided to only feed the ducks the chicken crumbles.  The chickens are going to get the pig mixture.  It is rolled corn, oats, barley and we will add crushed oyster shells.  They were getting the pig mixture as a treat and they gobble it up.  After doing much research I have come to the conclusion that this will be sufficient for the chickens.  The pig mixture is .18 cents a pound while the chicken crumble is .35 cents a pound.  In the long run it will be better.  The ducks do not like the pig mixture it will sit in their enclosure for ever.  So our order went from over a hundred dollars to seventeen dollars.  We didn't need anything else there.  We are finished with vaccines for now. 

Then I went to the dollar store.  This was good because my oldest needed plain composition notebooks.  Walmart only had bright vibrant colored ones that he did not like.  I picked up three.  I also get french fries at the dollar store.  French fries are the staple of my oldest's diet.  He can eat them like nobodies business.  I worry about all the frying he does but he is young, right?  I also bought some strawberry preserve.  I use jelly to flavor my yogurt.  I hope the preserves work just the same. 

I was unable to find Popsicle forms.  I have a craving to make my own.  Many years ago I had them with bears on the ends.  That was when the children were in grade school.  So today I looked at both stores.  I suppose I will have to order them on line.  I found a recipe for fudgecicles.  yummy.  I don't like cold things.  They hurt my teeth.  But occasionally I have a craving. 

Last night I did not sleep well.  Night mares of snakes under things.  With so many animals we have lots of containers for food and water.  So my dreams were of finding snakes in every enclosure.  Like it was a run on snakes.  I am silly.  This will not happen.  But still a sleepless night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment