Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Heed Your Dreams

Early this morning I woke up from a dream.  June our deceased mother dog was stuck in the home of terrible men in a room with growly snarly dogs.  I had to get her and walk through those mean dogs.  When I carried her out we had to climb stairs.  At the top of the stairs were hundreds of puppies.  Some were dead, some were chewed on, some were bloody, some were wanting attention.   I woke up and went back to bed thinking it was just a bad dream.  When we went outside to feed the animals we saw them 4 dead baby roosters.  Their little bodies were still warm.  If only I got up to check on them.  It seems like in the early morning light the older chickens scared the baby roosters into the corners of the pen and they smothered each other.  We let the baby roosters out of the tractor yesterday they got along fine.  4 dead, 2 pecked. There are 15 left.  We banded the teenage chickens with zip ties.  and put them in the old coop with the old chickens.  I also put the chicken who was in with the duck in the coop at the same time.  I will call her the crocked little hen because her tail grew back in crocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment