Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for modern day conveniences, electricity and water. Did you know there are people without electricity and water? Yesterday we were having work on our power pole. We had no electricity for many hours. Because our water is pumped into the house with an electric pump we also had no water. I went to work not knowing when it would be restored. So I left candles, a lighter stick, baby wipes, bread, peanut butter, and jelly on the table. My husband says that was overkill. But what if.


I am thankful for lazy days. Today before work I was able to hurry through chores to hurry up and hold poor Memee. She is still healing. Today she jumped from the steps onto the top of the shade next to the steps where she sun baths. I am hoping for a fast recovery.


I am thankful for good books. My aunt gave me several books. Usually I do not take the time to sit still long enough to read a full book. But today was the perfect day for book reading. I was able to get all remaining inside dogs settled. Put Memee on my lap. Refilled my water cup. And sit and read. The book title was Trace. The author Patricia Cornwell. It is a thriller. But not a gory story.

No comments:

Post a Comment