Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sleezy People

My oldest son has a broken cell phone.  We have insurance on the phone.  A claim costs $100.  My son decided that was to much to pay.  He heard that if you take it in to the local repair shop it would only cost $20.  Of coarse this is much less.  I drive him to town to see.  The man at the dirty little desk says well my boss will be in tomorrow and he can look at it.  If we can fix the problem it will only be $20.  We say ok and leave our number.  That was on Tuesday. I got a call today from another man saying the phone needs a new mother board.  I ask how much money for the repairs.  He says $89.  I said interesting when we brought the phone in the other man said it would cost $20.  He said no we have to place a new mother board and reprogram the phone, that costs more.  I said no thanks I'll send it into insurance and get a new phone for $100.  The man then quickly says how about we do it for $50.  I said how about you repair it for $20 like you said originally.  He said mam I'm trying to work with you.  I said don't do any repairs I will be in to pick it up.  If you agree to something as a business you should stick by it.  When I went in to pick it up the man said how about $30.  I said no thanks you are very shifty. I don't feel comfortable working with you.  Before we went there my husband said he didn't like he owner that he had heard stories.  I should have listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment