Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hello Again


I decided to write again.  I am just going to start as if I never stopped. 

 This week I have some added little bunnies to our homestead.  These 5 are so round and plump.  They will mostly be black like their daddy.  He is Cole.  He has done so well.  In fact I think I will thin out the rest of the males.  We can not afford to feed them if they are not producing.  We have a total of 37 rabbits now.  This includes the babies.  


We recently harvested 5 males and I am so happy with the product.  Our neighbor helped process them.  This took less then 10 minutes.  I was cautious at first, but he had done it before. My husband took over for me.  I might have been going to slow.  This meat was so tasty.  We fed many people.  At least 9.  We had enough meat left over to send ziplock bags of leftovers home with everyone.  The next day we made quesadillas.  And the day after that we had Alfredo.  When my youngest came home for the weekend he had some too!  Of coarse we want to put some meat up in the freezer.  Next time.  I hope to plan out harvesting once a month.  Only time will tell


No comments:

Post a Comment