Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day.  I am the mother of two growing boys. They couldn't be more different.

 My oldest is 19.  He has always struggled in everything he does.  Be it school or life in general.  Here lately he is very hard to be around.  Just like all children he only acts nice when he wants or needs something.  I have hoped he would grow out of this stage.  To this date he and his girlfriend live in my home.  He has a part time job at the local Pizza shop.  She is trying to Finish High School.  They are expecting a child around the end of September.  They do not get a long well.  We have asked him to move out.  He is confrontational and verbally abusive.  Unfortunately he is stubborn and I can only imagine how this situation will escalate.

My youngest is 17.  I believe he is mellowing out as he gets older.  He strives to do well in all he does.  Certain things come hard for him.  He is living in Maricopa with some friends while he attends the local High School.  Where he works extremely hard to keep his grades above passing.  He has a girlfriend who he adores.  They do well together.  The occasional bickering and little lover spat but that is to be expected.  He will be coming home for his Senior year.  I hope he can keep this relationship flowing in a positive direction thru the distance.  It is only a 45 minute drive.  But that is still time consuming.

My children do not get along at all.  They fight over everything.  Their fighting usually ends in blows.  Feelings get hurt, things get broken.  I also hope they will grow out of this.  When they were younger we went to counseling and I was assured that when they matured I would have no worries. That they would be the best of friends.  Of course nobody can say anything negative about either one or they are on them like bees to honey.

4 comments:

  1. I have figured it out. I shall
    be "Anonymous"!
    I'm glad you're blogging again. I think you should put pictures on of the things you made while you were sick.
    I love your boys to no end. I, too, hope they grow to be able to get along in person. Although, my Darling, look at you and your sisters & Tom & his siblings........
    How's the little goat with the short leg? It's not going to hinder her progress will it?
    Did you get breakfast in bed? Not me😢😉
    I'm new to blogging so I don't know exactly what to say. I'll learn as we go along.
    Love *v*🎸

    ReplyDelete
  2. No breakfast in bed
    Out to lunch
    With just my jusband and my youngest.
    Oldest is still mad.
    Oh no goat is fine running and jumping.
    I am going to do another inspection of her leg tonight

    ReplyDelete